It is with great regret that we must inform you that we have been forced to cancel the 2016 Slalom Derby. The ROC have met and dug the hill and explored all the options. Despite a good overall snowfall year in Timmins, the warmer temperatures and late arrival of the natural snow means there is no structure to the snow that is present. Five days of warm weather and two days of rain have left areas of minimal coverage. What is left is soft, wet snow without any ice layers. Simply put, we cannot hope to run the sort of event that we wish to host, even if weather conditions were to suddenly turn favourable.
The Timmins Ski Racers strive to host memorable events but we want the memories to be positive! We had some great things planned for this year but we will have to save them for another year. We will plan for the same weekend next year – March 24-26, 2017. Thank you all for your support.
Timmins Ski Racers
After discussion with our coaches, we have decided not to attend the race in Timmins (Jan 15-17). This decision was based on the fact that our racers had not really had much time on snow.
Please be sure that you contact the hotel to cancel your rooms to avoid charges.
Microtel Inn and Suites Timmins phone 705-881-1606
Contact information for booking:
Jodi Bishop – email email@example.com
Address: 1960 Riverside Drive, Timmins, ON P4R 0A2
We discussed our intention to attend the Slalom Derby which Timmins runs at the end of the season…in place of this race.
More info about that race will follow and will be based on conditions at the end of the season.
ATTENTION ALL U12 TO U8 PARENTS AND ATHLETES:
DUE TO THE WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LACK OF SNOW, THE JOE SARICH CLASSIC SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 22nd TO THE 24th IS CANCELLED FOR SSR.
Please ensure to cancel your hotel accommodation as soon as possible so you don’t get stuck with an unwanted bill. The host Hotel is the HAMPTON INN (705) 848-4004.
It is with regret that we need to postpone the Nic Zoricic Cup at Mt. St Louis Moonstone originally scheduled for Dec 28-30. Due to the lack of snow and the long range forecast we have postponed the FIS dates to January 18-19 and will reschedule the U16 date for later in the season. AOA will follow up with more details as soon as we have them. Please re-submit FIS entries with the new dates listed if you wish to intend your athletes.
Updates to the FIS calendar will be reflected later this week.
Alpine Ontario Alpin
(705) 444-5111 x128